HOW TO LOGIN TO BIGSKY?
- Step 1: go to https://bigsky.benilde.edu.ph
- Step 2: login using your active Benilde infonet account details
- Note: If you’re experiencing login issues or you have forgotten your password, please email your concern to email@example.com, include an alternate email (not Benilde mail) and attach an image of your Benilde ID card.
HOW TO SEARCH AND PIN A COURSE?
- Step 1: Inside Bigsky you will be shown your courses given to you since you started teaching in Benilde. For some, they can be a lot. To search for a specific course, click View all Courses
- Step 2: Type in the specific name of the course you want to search, and press enter
- Step 3: Once you have found the course you want click on the “…” symbol on the upper right corner of the course, and then select “Pin”
- “Pinning” a course will put your chosen course on the top of the “My Courses” list making it easier for you to find.
HOW TO POST ON A DISCUSSION BOARD?
A discussion board is a type of topic under Communication, where you are required to comment, along with your peers, regarding a certain subject within the subject. You can identify discussion boards when you see this symbolbelow the title of the topic.
- Step 1: To post on the discussion board click on its title.
- Step 2: Click on the “Start a New Thread”
- Enter a “subject” and write your comment on the box below.
- Click “Post” to submit your thread.
HOW TO UPLOAD A FILE (ATTACHMENT) IN A DISCUSSION?
You can also upload a file or an attachment in your discussion “thread”.
- Step 1: Below the thread box there is an option to “Add attachments” click on the arrow to open a dialogue box.
- Step 2: You can “drag and drop” a file from your folder to this window or you can simply click on the upload button and locate your file manually.
- You can also record a webcam video of yourself or record an audio of your voice. You will be given 30mins for a video and a minute for the audio. You can record multiple videos or audios in a single attachment.
HOW TO INSERT A LINK TO YOUR DISCUSSION THREAD OR REPLY?
- Step 1: If you have uploaded a video in Youtube that you need to link in your discussion thread or reply you need to first go to the link of the video.
- Step 2: Open the video and right click on the screen to open a dialogue box; then select “copy video URL”
- Return to your discussion thread and “paste” the link of your video at the thread box.
- Click Post once you are done with your thread.
HOW TO REPLY TO A THREAD IN A DISCUSSION BOARD?
Once your peers have written their threads in a discussion board you will then be able to view their threads and you will be able to reply to them.
- Step 1: Click on the title of the discussion board on your content page.
- Step 2: Click on the subject of your chosen peer’s thread.
- Step 3: Click “Reply to Thread”
- Step 4: Write your reply to your peer’s thread.
- Alternatively, you can click on the “Add Attachment” and record a video or audio.
- Click “Post” once you are done.
HOW TO ANSWER AN ONLINE QUIZ?
In the BeConnectED course, there will be cases where you will be asked to answer quizzes to test your understanding on a particular topic. Here is an example on how to answer an online quiz.
- Step 1: Click on the title of the quiz. You will know that it is a quiz when you see this icon below its title.
- Step 2: Click “Start Quiz”.
- Step 3: Simply click on the buttons of your answers of click on the options of your answers
- Click “Submit Quiz” once you are done.
HOW TO UPLOAD THE FILE IN THE DROPBOX
In the BeConnectED course, there will be activities in which you will be asked to submit or upload files in Dropbox folders.
- Step 1: Click on the title of the dropbox; you will know that it is a dropbox folder when you see this icon below the title.
- Step 2: Below the dropbox description, you can “drag and drop” a file from your folder to this window or you can simply click on the upload button and locate your file manually.
- Click “Submit to Dropbox” once you are done.
HOW TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR SANDBOX AND PASTE THEM IN YOUR SLIDE DECK?
There are activities in the BeConnectED that will require you to take screenshots of your sandbox course, save them in your hard drive and lastly paste them into your slide decks or any app that the course will require or recommend you to use.
- Step 1: Go to your Sandbox course.
- Step 2: To Taking screenshots using Windows 10 press window key+shift+s to turn on snipping tool and click on the corners of the screen that you want to capture. The screenshot will automatically be transferred to your clipboard or you can save them to a specific folder of your choice.
- On Mac Press Command + Shift + 4 and click on the corners of the screen that you want to capture. You can find your screenshot on your desktop
- Step 3: Open your slide deck (Powerpoint or keynote) then click “insert”, then “picture” and finally locate your file in your chosen folder and click “open”.